Wales to battle Italy next ahead of the Six Nations Rugby Title

Wales are expected to call up in new players from the bench as key players undergo medical check-up.

photo: creative commons
photo: creative commons

Samson lee who is in London to see  a medical specialist is one of the players who will miss the Saturday match against Italy in Rome.

Wales prop, Adam Jones, who announced his retirement from international rugby early this year might join the squad to Stadio Olimpico for the much anticipated match.

Scarlets Prop who sustained a serious injury might be ruled out of the squad as well. Gethin Jenkins’ hamstring is being reviewed by medics, and Richard Hibbard is undergoing concussion protocols.

Forward coach Robin Mc Bryde, says the results from the previous match was as a result of the vigorous training his team has been undergoing.

Rest of the players are back on the training grounds in preparations for the next match. Winger George North says a win is all they need ahead of the match this weekend by displaying the defensive tactics.

Some of the new players who will play Italy include Exeter Chiefs prop, Tomas Francis, who had been training with the squad for the past week, and Saracens loosehead, Rhys Gill, who has been called up to train with the squad.

The forward coach says their hopes are high on winning the Title as well as preparing for the Rugby world cup.